Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Psalm 62:5


For God alone my soul waits in silence,
    for my hope is from him.

Rest now.
Silent still.

I know the storm outside
is loud and frightening.

Close your eyes.
Sleep now.

The storm may rage,
the windows shake with thunder,
but know that I will always keep you safe.

You can breathe now.
It’s all right, I promise.

Oh I know that lightning
is scary, the suddenness,
the way it crashes without warning
and floods the room with light.

But no storm lasts forever.
All storms eventually move on
or wear themselves out after kicking
and screaming through their little tantrum.

There is nothing
to be afraid of.

There is nothing here
that can hurt you,

not so long as I am
sitting here.

The storm will end.
The silence return,

and you will know
that I have been
here the whole time.

I have never left.

So, rest now.
Fear not.

Let hope fill
your heart instead.

And I will see you
in the morning.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...