Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Genesis 2:7

Then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.


Breathe into me, Lord.
Breathe into me the Breath of Life

and command me to live
as You commanded Adam.

Command me to live
as You commanded those
dry bones in the desert.

Fill my lungs with
Your Holy Breath

and set me on the path to proclaim
Your infinite love and glorious majesty.

Quench my thirst with Living Water.
Feed me with the Bread of Life.

Fill me, oxygenate me, revive me
with Your Holy Spirit.

Give me strength to soar.
Give me breath to sing.

Let my feet never touch the ground
for You carry me and lift me up.

Let me ride on the Breath of the Spirit.
Let me breathe the air that angels breathe.

Command me to live, Lord,
and I know my heart and lungs will listen.

Command me to live, Lord,
and fill me with Your love.

Amen.




1 comment:

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...