Monday, July 20, 2020

2 Timothy 4:7


It was my dad who said to me a few months ago that he was not fond of the term “prayer warrior” because he saw those who practiced intercessory prayer less as warriors fighting a battle and more as medics or prayer first-responders. 

I so liked what he had to say that I actually modified it slightly to use on my own.  Yes, there are times when we are called to be prayer warriors, but most of the time I see myself as a spiritual first-responder.

2 Timothy 4:7

 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Lord, I am not a warrior.
That fight is not within me.

But that does not mean
that I won’t charge into
the battle for You.

Lord, I am not a warrior.
You made me a medic.
You made me one of Your
Spiritual First-Responders.

I will fight for Your people Lord,
but I will do it with healing;
I will do it with prayer.

I will be gentle
and I will be kind.

I will be fervent, and I will
let Your Spirit shine, Lord.

I will speak softly,
but with passion.

I will deliver Your Spirit, Lord,
with my words.

I will deliver Your Spirit
with my love.

I will lift Your people up.
I will claim them in Your holy name.

I will stand by them.
I will stand with them.

I will not leave them alone.
I will keep the faith for them.
I will keep it safe and strong.

This race, Lord, is never over.
There is no finish.

I will never stop praying,
until that day You bring us home.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

MARY MAGDALENE'S TEARS (circa 1996)

“Mary, why do you weep over death?” says He. “Your Lord is alive, is no longer dead. Come back to the tomb, come back to Me.”   Roll b...