Saturday, July 25, 2020

Psalm 119:49-50


Remember your word to your servant,
    in which you have made me hope.
This is my comfort in my distress,
    that your promise gives me life.

Your promise gives me Life, Lord.

Your promise tills the soil
of my heart and plants
the seeds of Salvation there.

Your promise gives me Hope.

Your words fill my lungs
and now the air I breathe in
and now the air I breathe out
is the very breath of Your Spirit.

Your promise is Living Water.

It is streams in the desert
and rushing rapids that fill
the craters of despair in my soul.

Your promise washes over me.

It cleanses me, even though I am drowning,
and then, it lifts me up and it carries me through
the canyons before setting me on the shore.

Your promise gives me Life, Lord.

Your Words are guaranteed forever,
for the infinite eternity that You inhabit,
for Your infinite eternal love that powers
the universe and gives birth to stars.

In this, I live.
In this, I love and am loved.
In this, You reign forever, Lord.

In this, I am free.

Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...