Sunday, July 12, 2020

Jeremiah 31:3


I have loved you with an everlasting love;
    therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.

I am loved with an everlasting love.

I am loved.

Even now, I pause and close
my eyes and embrace these words.

I hold them close to me as I take a deep
breath and let Your essence, Lord, fill me.

Essence of the Spirit, distilled and pure,
fills every cell of me, oxygenates my soul,
and gives me that strength I need

to wake and race the rest of the world
to that mountaintop where I can touch
the sky and tickle the toes of angels.

I am weightless when I am filled
with Your love, Lord.

I am weightless and I can fly.
I can soar above the eagles.

The heavens shower me with stardust
that clings to me like pollen.

Each particle sings to me the song
that gave birth to the universe,

and for a moment I know what
it means to live,

what it means to be Your child, Lord,
created with love and born from love.

You have loved me— 

You have loved us with an everlasting love,
a love that outshines the stars themselves.

Oh … how we are loved.

Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...