Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Isaiah 44:3


For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
    and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my spirit upon your descendants,
    and my blessing on your offspring.

Lord, right now, I need
to be bathed in the Spirit.

I need to be washed
clean by Holy Waters.

I need to stand under
the waterfalls of Holy Living

and listen as Your Spirit pounds
the earth around me.

I need to feel Your presence,
that thunder that rumble.

I need a Holy Spirit storm, Lord.

I need that Breath of the Spirit
to catch me, to lift me off my feet.

I need to be carried in the whirlwind.
I need to feel the earth lurch under me.

I need to be twisted and tossed.
I need to be thrown about.

I need to be lost, Lord.
I need to be out of control,

in order to know that You
are in control.

I need Your Holy Spirit Storm, Lord,
to shake me from my complacency.

But then, after the storm, I need You to still
the restlessness that grows within me.

I need You to howl at me Lord,
and I need You to whisper.

I need You to shout and sing,
and then I need You to whisper and hum.

I need Your Spirit, Lord.
Pour out to me Your Spirit.
Soak me, drench me, in Your love.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...