Monday, June 8, 2020

Genesis 16:13


She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

1 Corinthians 13:12

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Lord, You are the One
who sees me,

and in Your eyes,
I see

not a reflection of
my bodily self,

but an image of the self
You mean me to be.

For I am not a body,
I am a soul,

(or so I’ve been told.)

I am love distilled
and concentrated

by Your divine hand.

My reflection in the mirror
tells me little,

but in Your eyes,
I am fully known.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...