Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Psalm 23


Lord, I lean into
Your word.

I lean into
Your promises.

They comfort me
when I wake
in the middle
of the night.

They comfort me
when I wake
first thing
in the morning.

You comfort me, Lord.
You bring me around.
You pull me back.
You take my hand

and with a simple
squeeze,

You tell me …
it’s going to be
all right.

This life
You have given me,

this world
in which I live,

all of this
is Your table

which You have
prepared for me.

And for as long
as I live

HERE

in Your house,
I will fear no evil.

For I am anointed.

You anoint my head
with oil.

You anoint me
with goodness and mercy

that flow and wash
over me.

You comfort me
and in You, I will find

REST.

Amen.

Psalm 23



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...