Monday, August 31, 2020

Romans 12:15


Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Lord, let me stand
with my neighbor in joy.

Let me stand with them
in revelation, in certitude,

in those times when life explodes
in confetti and streamers,

and all is right,
and all is right.

Let me share in a belly
laugh of innocence.

Let me feel the Holy Strength
of laughter in those whose souls
wander, unfettered and free.

Let me rejoice with those
who rejoice.

Let me share with them
the tears of victory.

Lord, may I stand
with my neighbor
in all things,

not just in joy,
but in mourning and loss.

And so, let me weep, Lord,
with those who weep.

Let me lean into that pain
and lift it for them,

just a little bit—
so that they
have room
to breathe.

Lord, may no one on this earth
ever weep alone.

And in times of joy
and in times of pain,

Lord, let my eyes be forever
filled with tears.

Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...