Sunday, August 23, 2020

Psalm 138:3


On the day I called, you answered me,
    you increased my strength of soul.

Lord, strengthen my soul.
Breathe life to my spirit.

Lay your cool hand
on my forehead

and bring comfort
to my feverish grief.

In times of darkness,
in times of blindness,

draw out the light
from deep within me.

Coax out that light
with reminders of better days,

of sweet summer showers,
of bike rides in the rain,

of innocence captured,
in that moment you let go

of the handlebars and lift
your hands to the sky.

Remind me of the days
when anything was possible

and faith unnecessary
as the One who is always faithful,
has been and forever will be present.

Give oxygen.
Give fuel.

Lord, feed the light inside of me.
Let Your Spirit-filled altar candle burn.

Feed the flames of Your Holy Fire.
For no darkness can touch,

no darkness can snuff out
the light that grows from within.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...