Monday, August 24, 2020

2 Timothy 1:7


 For God didn’t give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control.

Though I may be afraid, Lord,
the spirit You have put inside me
is not one of fear, but one of love.

And that love fuels the light within me,
that love fuels the fight within me.

My resolve is pure and strong.
Fear will not win this day.

If I am to be Your light, Lord,
if I am to be Your light keeper,

if I am to run that last mile
as the bearer of Your holy flame,
then fill me to bursting with Your love.

Let Your love radiate through my body.
Let the heat of Your light ignite my spirit
and let it burn only for righteousness and truth.

If fear rides in on darkness,
then love rides in on light,
brandishing the Sword of the Spirit

and driving the darkness back
over the barren and hungry desert
from which it crawled out.

We are the watchmen.
We are the light keepers.

We are the first to see
the approaching darkness
and the first to sound the warning.

We stand firm.
We stand ready.

We stand filled with Your light, Lord,
and able, with Your love, to withstand any storm.

We stand, empowered with the Spirit of Love.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...