Thursday, August 20, 2020

Job 19:25


For I know that my Redeemer lives ….

Lord on the mornings
I wake rough,

when everything feels
too tight

and the sunrise super itchy
on the one spot on my back
that I cannot reach,

when I’m ready to give up
on the day,

ready to roll over
and go back to sleep

before I have even taken
that first breath
and tasted the dawn,

on those days Lord,
lift me up,

gently please,
and set me on my feet.

Redeem for me the morning.
Hydrate me with hope.

Redeem for me the noonday sun.
Feed me the deliciously sweet fruit of faith
to strengthen me for the rest of the day.

Redeem for me the night
and let me hear, let me feel

Your love for me as You sing
to me a lullaby that only my soul
remembers the words to.

Redeem me for the day.
Redeem me for all the moments.

Let no second of my day
go untouched by You.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...