Sunday, August 16, 2020

Psalm 67:1


May God be gracious to us and bless us
    and make his face to shine upon us ….

Lord, let Your face shine down on me.
Shine, O Lord, shine.

Shine on me
here in the darkness.

Shine on me
here in the shadows.

For I am bound and bowed,
(so many of us bound and bowed)
to this never-ending night.

My candle of Hope flickers
and gasps for air.

I am desperate to breathe, Lord,
desperate to find my breath,

desperate to find the breath
of Your spirit, Lord,

because Your light, Lord,
Your spirit;

it fills me.
It lifts me up.

And I am raised to the sunrise.
I am set free of these chains
that bind me,

these chains of helplessness
and hopelessness and grief.

I am set free to shine.
I am set free to be Your light.

I am set free to reflect Your love.

I am set free
as we are all set free,

an army of God’s children
set free to shatter the night.

So, shine on me, Lord.
Just shine.

Shine on us all.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...