Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Ephesians 1:18


I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you ….

Today, I only want this for you.

I want you to know.

I want you to know
not just in thoughts,

I want you to feel hope grow
and take root inside your soul.

I want you to feel
that hope with each breath,
with each pounding heartbeat.

I want you to feel it
each time the breeze cools
the heat on your skin.

I want you to hear it
each time the palm trees

make music and shake,
rattle and roll as a squirrel
darts through the fronds.

I want you to know that

each time the sun scalds
the sky white hot,

that that same sky will cool
to blue again.

I want you to see and look
with wonder each time

the afternoon rain sizzles
and steams as it strikes
the hot pavement.

I want you to be sure.

I want there to be no doubt.

I want hope for you.

I want hope that grows
into faith.

I want all the little things
that tell you God is here.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...