Thursday, June 11, 2020

Job 33:4


The spirit of God has made me,
    and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Breathe on me, Lord God,
and fill me with Your spirit.

We are living in, yes,
a time of lamentations,

a time of grief and sorrow
as we mourn things both lost
and stolen, time and love and
freedom ripped from our hands.

But we are also living in
a time of exodus,

as we leave the past behind,
as we acknowledge and stare down
the pain that has kept us in chains,

as we say, “NO MORE” and flee
together to the promised land,
wherever that may be,
whenever that may be.

The road will be long and hard,
twisted and barren and we will
continue to be tracked and hunted
down by a past that threatens
to pull us back to old familiar habits.

But we will walk on.
We will continue,
because we know, Lord,
that Your spirit is with us,

that You will be that pillar
of cloud leading us during the day,
and that pillar of fire, lighting
the way during the night.

We cannot see ahead
of cloud or fire, but we
don’t need to see,
we only need to follow.

Give me life today, Lord.
Fill me, fill us all with Your love
and Holy inspiration and give
us strength to walk with You
into the unknown.

Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...