Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Gift of Night


You, Lord have made us
a gift of the night.

The night is to be treasured.
There is nothing to fear.

There is only silence.
There is only the sound
of my own breathing,
of my own footsteps,
of the dried leaves
chattering in the wind.

There is stillness here.
There is rest.
There is opportunity
to look inward and listen
to the yearnings of our souls.

The night is dark,
but here with You, Lord,
there is no darkness.
There are no shadows.

There is only an inner light,
a Pentecostal flame,
that we can nurture
and kindle and grow.

Oh, Lord, You have made
us a gift of the night.

And for that, let us give thanks.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...