Saturday, April 25, 2020

A Light Rain


This morning a light rain
woke me, speaking
in a soft murmur,
a language only the flowers
and songbirds understand.

Come to me and drink
all who are thirsty.

And hours later, I found
myself kneeling in the darkness
beside a tiny rose, its petals
drooping like tongues as droplets
of rain slid and fell to the ground.

And it was in this moment, Lord,
as I held my breath, afraid to disturb
this Holy Communion, that I realized
the cup of Salvation is offered to all.

We are all waiting for You, Lord,
the flowers, the trees, everything
that breathes and lives, waits for You,
ready to rejoice in Your presence.

Amen.

Isaiah 25:9



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...