Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Psalm 26:8


O Lord, I love the house in which you dwell,
    and the place where your glory abides.

Abide in me, Lord,
as You abide

in all things rich
with life,

in all things that enrich
my life,

in all things that nourish
the soul,

in sunsets,
in fiery oranges
that stretch across
the sky before dipping
and disappearing with the sun,
extinguished by the night,

in sunrises,
in cool pink skies
that giggle and then elbow
and pinch and shove away the night
to make room for the morning,

in birdsong,
in the first song
that I hear every morning,
in the gentle, hollow cooing
of the Mourning Dove, followed
by the wind-chime melody of the mockingbird,

in color,
in flowers that survive
the late summer scorching sun
and revive themselves in the morning dew,
reds and oranges, a cooling fire that mocks
the sun and refuses to die.

Abide in me, Lord,
as You abide here.

Abide in me
and fill me with life.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...