Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Isaiah 6:8


Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I; send me!”

Here I am.

Those are Your words, Lord.
Those words are Your prayer to me.

Here I am.

And they echo in my soul.
They grow louder, not softer.
They do not fade away.

Here I am.

They are Your words, Lord.
At night before I sleep,
they settle down and curl up,
nestle themselves close to my heart.

Here I am.

In the morning, they throw open
the blinds and bring with them
the heavenly glow of the rising sun.

Here I am.

The words never leave me.
You never leave me, Lord.

Your words are both
a promise and a plea
to be seen, to be known.

Here I am.

Your words are a call that takes root deep within,
but it is not my spirit that nourishes Your words,
rather Your words feed me.

Save me.
Heal me.
Strengthen me.

Here I am.

Your words become a part of me,
until that day I can say back to you—

Here I am, Lord.
Send me.


Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MARY MAGDALENE'S TEARS (circa 1996)

“Mary, why do you weep over death?” says He. “Your Lord is alive, is no longer dead. Come back to the tomb, come back to Me.”   Roll b...