Sunday, August 9, 2020

Galatians 5:22


By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness ….

Lord, surround me in Your presence.
Envelop me in Your joy.

Let my spirit be seeded
not with fruit from the Garden,
but with fruit from Your heavenly Kingdom.

Let my spirit grow and bear fruit
of love
of joy
of peace
of patience and kindness,
generosity and faithfulness.

And then ….

May my spirit never hunger.

May the vines of Hope that lift
my soul never wither.

May the heart of my heart
grow with the sun.

Lord, nourish the earthly foundation
of my soul with Living Water,

and may I find shade in grace
when the world’s fiery anger and fear
threaten to blister whatever is good in me.

Lord, let the fruit of Your Spirit grow
here and give me the strength to be
a good caretaker of such a gift.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...