Monday, July 6, 2020

2 Timothy 4:17


But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth.

Lord, when
I am tired,

and when
I am too weak
to my lift my head,

I pray, Lord,
for this simple thing,

for just enough
strength to open

my eyes and behold
Your magnificent presence.

Just a moment,
Lord, is all I need.

Just a moment,
for Your love to fill

my vision and flood
my heart, soul and mind.

Just a moment,
for You to become

my vision and infuse
me with the strength to hold

back the ocean tide,
the strength to stand against

the wind and ride out
the storm there on the mountaintop. 

Transform me
from the one caught

inside the lion’s mouth,
to now the lion itself.

Fill my lungs
with Your Spirit, Lord,

and then listen to me roar.

Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...