Saturday, July 4, 2020

2 Corinthians 4:16


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Renew me, Lord.

Restore me.

Lay Your hand upon me
and make in me,
all things new.

Remind me, Lord,
that I still have a heart.

Fill my heart
with Your love.

Fill my heart
with Your light.

Fill me, Lord,
with Your Holy Spirit.

Fill me to overflowing.

Years pass.
Time ticks away
and counts each second lost.

We age and grow older,
but on the inside,
in that space we share
with Your spirit, Lord,

each tick on that clock
is a second gained,
not a second lost,

as we are renewed
continuously in Your presence.

Renew me, Lord.
Renew us.
Restore us.

Fill us with Your light
and love so we may live,
so that that which is Holy
within us, may live.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...