Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Psalm 139:17


How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!

How precious to me
are Your thoughts, O Lord,

how precious to me
Your love.

My own love for You grows;
it blossoms and blooms in
the greenhouse that is my spirit.

But Lord, my greenhouse,
my spirit, is a fragile place
and vulnerable to storms.

It shakes on its foundation
when the winds around it roar.

It groans and gasps
as the rains lash its windows.

And it grows dark, turns inward on
itself, when the skies darken with clouds.

Know my fear, Lord,
and know my love.

Reach out Your hand
and guard Your love.

Reach out Your hand
and save my spirit.

For I know that as precious as
You are to me, I am even more
precious to You.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...