Friday, May 1, 2020

Metanoia


I will not be swept away
by the flood.

This storm will not tear me away
from my home.

I will not be lost in
the darkness.

I will endure.

I will pause.
I will stop for a moment.

And then, I will take a deep breath
and fill my lungs with the Holy Spirit,

and I will transform.

I will be transformed
by the storm.

I will not be broken forever.
I will rebuild.
You will rebuild.

God will build something new
in all of us,

because the storm will not defeat us,
but it will lay us bare,

and in that aerated, newly fertile soil,
God will plant the seeds of hope,

and feed and water what grows there
with healthy servings of faith and love.

We will grow something new
in our souls, an innocence
not seen since we left the Garden.

Oh Lord, work in us now.
Redeem us from the pit.
Restore us from the depths.

Pull us from the storm
and make us the souls
that You created us to be.

Amen.

Psalm 86:11



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...