Friday, April 3, 2020

God is Light

Lord, I want to rest In You,
in Your presence.

I want to be held by You,
in Your arms, I want to curl
up, put my head on Your chest
and shut my eyes …

for just a moment.

For just a moment,
I want to breathe easy
and take a break from
all the pain and suffering
of this world.

Just a moment, Lord,
just a moment to rest
and dream of better things.

For You are light, Lord.
In You, no darkness is found,

not the darkness of death,
nor the darkness of despair,
nor the darkness of doubt.

With You, there is only light.
There is only light and life
and holy fire and healing rain.

There is only birth
and rebirth and all things new.
You are the fountain of life.
In Your light we see only light.

We know only hope.
In You, Lord, we wake
each morning, take a breath,
and thank You and praise You
that there was a breath to take.

Let me live in Your light, today, Lord.
Let me live and love and offer
praises of thanksgiving to You,
from this day forward.

Amen.

Psalm 36:9
1 John 1:5



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...