Monday, August 3, 2020

Romans 1:11-12


For I am longing to see you so that I may share with you some spiritual gift to strengthen you—or rather so that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.

I need you.
I need all of you.

I need to worship
with you.

I need you next to me.
I need you to sing.

I need you to lift your arms
and praise the Lord God Almighty.

I need to pray with you.
I need to hold your hands.

I need to feel the heat
of prayer racing through
my body as the presence
of God fills the room.

I need to feel that prayer
until the heat becomes a chill,
a buzz, a shock that makes
every part of me shiver.

I need you in the silence too.
I need you to sit next to me.

I need to know simply that you believe
as I believe and that you too get chills sometimes
as the priest reads through the liturgy,

that you too cry sometimes and gasp
because God’s presence is so overwhelming
your spirit cannot contain it.

I need to worship with you
and not just on Sundays.

I want to stumble through life
with you.

I want to look at you and know
that you know that God is there,

that He will pick me up,
that He will pick you up,

that He can lift the world
to new heights of glory and grace.

I want to share the word
of the Lord with you,

because that word is LOVE
and that word is HOPE
and that word is HEALING,
all immeasurable and infinite
and lasting.

O, how I need you, my brothers and sisters.
O, how I miss you, and long for us
to worship together again.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...