Wednesday, July 8, 2020

John 21:17


"Do you love me … Feed my sheep.”

If you love me.

I will feed Your sheep, Lord,
even as you feed me.

I will not walk on by those crying
for help.

I will not look the other way.

I will not cross to the other side
of the street.

I will not walk with a heart
filled with shame.

I will walk with a spirit
full of grace.

If you love me.

I will share my bread with
the least of these and more.

I will share my time with
those who have little left.

I will bring the warmth of Your spirit,
Lord, to those left alone and freezing
in the night.

I will give everything, Lord,
and when I am spent, I will sit
with Your sheep and give
them five minutes more.

If you love me.

I will speak one word—
Hope.

I will whisper Hope to those
who are shouting.

I will shout Hope to those
who are sleeping.

I will sing Hope to those
who have lived far too long

without feeling that song
of creation stir within them.

I will feed Your sheep Hope, Lord,
and when they are ready,
when their hearts can handle more,

I will feed them love.

Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...