Wednesday, July 1, 2020

James 4:8


Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.

Good morning,
won’t you join Me
here beneath the trees?

Quiet now and listen.
That hush you hear
is the butterflies
gossiping about last night.

Here, sit here,
and I will show you
how the spider prays,
there on the labyrinth
she spins into her web.

Draw near to Me
and I will show you
the birth of the universe

in a single dandelion seed,
charting its course
in the currents
of a summer wind.

Draw near to Me
and I will draw near to you
and when you look at Me,

when you truly see Me,
when we look at each
other eye to eye,

you will find both
your own reflection
and every answer to
the mysteries of life.

If you stay with Me,
for just a moment,
I will reveal the secret

hidden within your soul,
the treasure map
I buried inside you
before you were born.

Draw near to Me
and I will fill you
with an infinite
and unending love.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...