Monday, June 1, 2020

Romans 5:5


God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.

To you, precious
Child of God,

to you, who are
kept awake
at night,

to you, who know
that the monsters
in your dreams

frequently follow
you through to
your waking hours,

to you, precious
Child of God,

to you, who are
hungry,

to you who are
tired,

to you, who have
been thrown
into the shadows

and forced
to live
in the darkness,

to you, precious
Child of God,
I say,

when one of us
suffers,

all of us suffer,

and so,

I will sit with you.
I will kneel with you.
I will take your hand.
  
I will speak up
when the chaos
of the world

threatens to silence
your voice.

I will love you,
precious Child
of God,

with a Jesus-love,
as best I can,

because we are
better than this.

God has not
given us

hearts hardened
by fear.

No, precious Child
of God,

He has poured
His love
into our hearts.

His love.

His love
powers us.

His love
moves us.

Let His love
move
all of us.

For we are all
precious Children
of God.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Loves Me

This past Friday, I stepped outside to get pictures of the rain for my next book.  The heavier rain had tapered off to a simple drizzle and ...