Tuesday, April 21, 2020

I'm Alive


I
am
alive.

Lord, I
am alive
today in You.

I am alive.

And suddenly
birdsong is now
a hymn.

And a chilled
northern wind
is the breath
of angels gathering.

This hard pavement
under my feet
tells me the world
is sturdy and strong.

And even
the creak
in my knees
reminds me that
I can still walk,

that I can still move
and that my morning
walks with You, Lord,
are not a walk at all
but a dance with the Trinity. *

And all these things
tell me this:

I
am
alive.

Amen and Hallelujah

1 Corinthians 15:22

*I think Timothy Keller’s book Jesus the King: Understanding the Life and Death of the Son of God is where I first heard the Trinity described as a dance.  I’ve read that same description elsewhere as well, but I wanted to make sure I gave Keller some credit.



2 comments:

  1. Calvin Miller’s The Singer also attributes music to Jesus, but I don’t remember if he refers to the Trinity specifically, since the book is an allegory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not sure; it's been a while since I read it.

      Delete

Surgery

I have to say that given all my health problems, I have been so blessed to have never needed surgery up until this point in my life.  Though...